Well about 5 months ago I started running again. About 4 months ago I had the bright idea that I would sign up for a 1/2 marathon. At the time I was running almost everyday and I was very excited. While I'm still very excited I didn't really account for the fact that I have 2 kids and a job and this is the time of year I ALWAYS get sick. 3 weeks ago I got sick, then Jerome got sick, then Peyton got sick. Because of the 2 of them getting sick I didn't really take the time to get well. I finally started feeling better but it took a while. So fast forward to this week. I'm freaking out. I am sooooo ill prepared for a race that is in ONE MONTH! It's not like it's a 5 or 10K or something small. It was so much easier to train for this thing when I was staying home. Much more time to go out and run 10 miles. So here I sit super stressed. I guess ready or not I'll run this race. I can't say I'll do well but as long as I don't die on the side of the road I'll consider it a success. My goal is to finish in 2 hours and 30 minutes. The rate I'm going I'm thinking it'll be dinner time before I'm finished. :)
Next week I'll update on the kids. They're so excited about trick or treating. I'll have pictures then too.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment